grades after i apply.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what kinda of grades I need to get after applying to schools. I applied on May 19th and i am not aware of any other forms to turn into dental schools after i apply. I just withdrew from a class and i was just wondering what dental schools requirements in grades after i get in. I heard that i need to get above Cs in all the classes. How about getting Ws. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

C's :thumbup:
W's :thumbdown:

Best of luck.

Zurik5 said:
C's :thumbup:
W's :thumbdown:

Best of luck.
does that mean i will get rejected if i have Ws? I am screwed then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do a search, this has been discussed hundreds of times.

Zurik5 said:
Do a search, this has been discussed hundreds of times.

hi
I am not asking if getting Ws on my transcripts looks bad. I am talking about minimum requirements to fulfill when i get accepted. I read somewhere that getting Cs or Bs is mininum. how about Ws? I heard if you get F or D, you will automatically disqualified for admission. Does Ws do the same thing? Also, from when i should fulfill that minimum requirement? I did research on this forum, but man..i couldn't find any info about that and my eyes are hurting. thank you for your time. also, i appreciate your help.

You can get a W or 2, be sure to have REALLY good reasons though. Go for the C and try to get an A in other science classes to balance it out..

just know that if you dont get into school this application cycle, you will be using your transcript to apply the following cycle, and anything that hurts your gpa would not be wise, dont take the easy way out...just hit it hard til the end

Halitosis said:
hey t12kim,

here are the links you are looking for:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=93914&highlight=grades+acceptance

and

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=139069&highlight=grades+acceptance

by the way,
did columbia offer bard hall for you to stay during the interview??

I pmed you already that i wasn't offered bard hall. I don't know where you got that from. I just found out the solution to my problem. The class that i withdrew was not a pre-req class. it was an econ class. So i am ok! Thanks guys.

that's cool. i didn't find a pm from you....it's ok.

Many specialty programs and GPR/AEGD programs request your college transcripts when you apply. Keep that in mind. It would stink to close doors now that you might want to open down the road.

I'd say work hard and get the best grades you can. Do NOT look for excuses to slack off.

ItsGavinC said:
Many specialty programs and GPR/AEGD programs request your college transcripts when you apply. Keep that in mind. It would stink to close doors now that you might want to open down the road.

I'd say work hard and get the best grades you can. Do NOT look for excuses to slack off.

thanks for your information. I will not slack off anymore. I was just glad that i was done with applying and kind of slacked off thinking that everything is done. However, after a dropping a class, I learned that I can't slack off at all. Thanks ItsGavinC. I will keep what you said in my mind.