SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Grades after transcripts have been sent in?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Phyozo, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Phyozo

Phyozo 10+ Year Member

Oct 29, 2006
    How important is it to maintain a high GPA after you've already sent in your transcripts? That is, if you're planning to apply in June, a year before you graduate, how important is it to maintain your GPA during the application cycle, but before you find out which med school you're going to (if any...)?

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. y8507

y8507 2+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2006
    If you get in, I'd say B- and up is fine. But, if you don't, then you're at risk for having to reapply, and you don't wanna screw up after that. I'd wait until I got my first acceptance before letting those grades slip.

4. baylormed

baylormed On the Search 5+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Right behind you
    Well, since you don't really know if you are going to get in or not, I'd say keeping those grades up is very important.

Once you have an acceptance in hand, then just aim for B's and C's (although I'd hesitate to get too many C's just in case).

5. ZetaMD

ZetaMD

Mar 2, 2007
    I would def. keep up my grades first semester of your senior year because if you get waitlisted and you want to send in updates having bad grades isn't going to make the adcom want to accept you. As for second semester I would try to have A's and B's but you can make that decision when you know your status. Hope this helps and good luck!!!!:D