grades /gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshinelover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I am a junior right now in the university. I am interested in going to dental school. My current GPA is 3.30 .I have two C's.. In organic chem1 and organic chem2. SO i am really stressed out about it because I have heard med school and dental school dont accept people with C's .
Pleasee helpppp !:(

Members don't see this ad.

I got a handful of C's, including a C in Ochem 1, and a D in Ochem 2, which I had to retake - I got in just fine. You just have to find a way to prove yourself, be that doing better in your higher level classes, or doing well on that section of the DAT, I did that, and when asked about Ochem at my interviews I said this, and it seemed to be a very acceptable answer.

And they DO accept C's, they just don't accept C- .

hey vicviper!
Thanks for your help.
Where did you get accepted? Do you knw what schools specifically dont mind C's. LEt me know !

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I checked it .
Are those private colleges? or state colleges? Because I am not a permanent resident in US.And I probably wont be at the time of applying. So I was just wondering what are my chances to get into dental school ?

thanks in advance

Okay I checked it .
Are those private colleges? or state colleges? Because I am not a permanent resident in US.And I probably wont be at the time of applying. So I was just wondering what are my chances to get into dental school ?

thanks in advance

Those are all private schools, and we've got a number of international students in my class at Pitt. I'd suggesting asking down in the International Dentistry section for more info on what you're asking.

I got a handful of C's, including a C in Ochem 1, and a D in Ochem 2, which I had to retake - I got in just fine. You just have to find a way to prove yourself, be that doing better in your higher level classes, or doing well on that section of the DAT, I did that, and when asked about Ochem at my interviews I said this, and it seemed to be a very acceptable answer.

And they DO accept C's, they just don't accept C- .

Are you sure about the c- where did you hear that frm?

Check out my Pre-dents profile (just under my avatar) for all of my details. But, I got into Columbia, Pitt, and Howard (and waitlisted at LLU).

i clicked on your pub profile, but i couldent find the information
where is it?