Grades In Freshman Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_ahmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could answer my question which is...

I had recieved a C in freshman orientation, Pre-Calculus, Geography (social sciences class) in my freshman year...by GPA fell from 4.5 to 3.96 on a scale of 5.0

Now I am a sophomore getting 4.72, 4.87, 4.9 out of 5.0

Would getting those disgusting C's in the freshman year affect my acceptance at med schools. I desire to go to Pritzker U OF C

Members don't see this ad.

what is your overall GPA? And what is your science GPA? Plus, remember, they don't just look at GPA. In any case, I don't think those C's will hurt you as long as you keep the grades improving. Adcoms seem to like improvement, so keep up the good work! :)

-Ice

That 5.0 scale is really throwing me off, I thought they only did that in HS.

Members don't see this ad :)
nope, schools who think they are much better/harder than other schools like MIT do it

doc_ahmed,

getting C's your freshman year does not mean that you're already out of the race to get into med school! so just relax and try to maintain your grades during your last two years and you should be fine. also, i think pritzker is known as a school that does not put all of its emphasis on grades and scores, but on the "whole package" - and they take the secondary essays you write for them very seriously. if you can demonstrate to them through your experiences, essays and interviews that you are a person they want in their class, a coupla C's early in your undergraduate career won't make a difference.

best of luck!