Grades in Physics/Chemistry I & II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

texasprept88

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I know this is a longshot but will any PT schools accept grades of C/D in Phys/Chem I & II if I have a 3.9 GPA (all A's in other subjects) except Phys/Chem?

Or is it recommended that I retake them? The classes offered at my institution are challenging due to the nature of the professors (and I'm not one to make excuses--tried to find the most reasonable professors available but no such luck)

However I have A's in all other core prereqs like Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Phys I & II, etc.

Please advise, I appreciate the honesty...
 
Hey! Honestly I got accepted into 3 physical therapy schools this cycle with 3c’s in my chemistry classes. I had a C in gen chem 1(A in the lab) C in gen chem 2 (B in the lab) and a C in organic chemistry 1 (A in 2 credit lab) and a B in organic chemistry 2(lab in progress) however my physics grades were B+ in physics 1 and A in physics 2. I have a similar situation where my physics professors at my university are extremely challenging so I took physics 2 at a local county college and every school I applied to accepted it. Moral of the story, I had C’s in 3/4 chemistry classes, A B+ in my physics 1 and A’s in all other pre-req classes and luckily it worked out! I recommend reaching out to the programs you plan on applying to and ask them! If it’s a problem, similarly I would advise to re-take them at a local county college!
 
Hey! Honestly I got accepted into 3 physical therapy schools this cycle with 3c’s in my chemistry classes. I had a C in gen chem 1(A in the lab) C in gen chem 2 (B in the lab) and a C in organic chemistry 1 (A in 2 credit lab) and a B in organic chemistry 2(lab in progress) however my physics grades were B+ in physics 1 and A in physics 2. I have a similar situation where my physics professors at my university are extremely challenging so I took physics 2 at a local county college and every school I applied to accepted it. Moral of the story, I had C’s in 3/4 chemistry classes, A B+ in my physics 1 and A’s in all other pre-req classes and luckily it worked out! I recommend reaching out to the programs you plan on applying to and ask them! If it’s a problem, similarly I would advise to re-take them at a local county college!

Thank you! Very reassuring [emoji846]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile