Grades on the transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CareRx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all semester grades go on a transcript?
I got a B in g-chem in the first semester and a C in the second semester. How it will be shown on the transcript? Both? The last one? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

both grades will be there-- your grades for every class are reported. some schools have a policy where if you REPEAT a class, they'll replace your grade. but the b for the first semester of gchem and the c for the second will both be there.

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
both grades will be there-- your grades for every class are reported. some schools have a policy where if you REPEAT a class, they'll replace your grade. but the b for the first semester of gchem and the c for the second will both be there.

and that is a great policy indeed!

Members don't see this ad :)
However if you repeat a course and your school only shows your better/more recent grade on your transcript, AMCAS still wants to know both grades and will factor both into your AMCAS GPA!

If you withhold something like this from them and they find out, you are in violation...

Originally posted by devthakur
However if you repeat a course and your school only shows your better/more recent grade on your transcript, AMCAS still wants to know both grades and will factor both into your AMCAS GPA!

If you withhold something like this from them and they find out, you are in violation...

whatever..

my school removes the old grade/class from the transcript like you never even took it.

in fact i have to call the records office and remind them to do so.