Grades received after transcript submission...how important could they be??

Started by tedrik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tedrik

mifune
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've already submitted my transcripts to AMCAS, but I still have about three weeks until my final quarter grades come out. Do I have to send another transcript later, or will I only send it if the schools ask for it with secondaries? Also, how important are these grades going to be if my gpa and mcat scores are ok??
 
I don't think it is necessary to send an entirely new transcript. As you said, a few schools will ask for it in the secondaries. As long as your grades are pretty much in line with your previous semester (or higher) there is no problem.

Down the line, you may wish to send relevant good grades in courses to programs that you are really interested in.
 
thanks buddy, that's nice to hear! How do you like UAB? I'm originally from Huntsville and my mom would love me to go to school near home. I met two people from the neuroscience department there (I'm pretty sure it was UAB) at the sfn meeting and they seemed to like it.