SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Grades So Far

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by nova2010, Mar 25, 2007.

1. nova2010

nova2010 New Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2006
    I Am A First Year Student And I Worry About Grades All The Time. I Study All The Time And I Feel Like A Lot Of Others Come To Class Whenever They Want. I Have Never Missed A Class And I Seem To Come Up With Worse Grades Than Those "part Timers" Does Anyone Have Any Studying Advice For Me? Trust Me, I Study More Than Most. I Really Care About My Grades About The Boards.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. EyeBaller

EyeBaller SUNY-O Class of 2008 2+ Year Member

Jul 25, 2006
    NYC
    What worked for you in undergrad? Did you change your study habits?

PS: Why is every word capitalized in your post?

4. IndianaOD

IndianaOD 2+ Year Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Is the time you study quality study time? I would limit the destractions first of all. Do you struggle in all the classes, or just certain ones? Maybe you have a binocular vision problem ;). Are you getting enough sleep?

There are probably plenty of faculty or older students who would help you.

The most important thing is you actually learn the material.

5. jefguth

jefguth Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2004
    British Columbia
    Good pointers, there is a world of difference between just studying all you can for the sake of covering the information and actually learning it. For myself, I find that I do much better when I take enough time to carefully study and critically analyze the concepts. Teaching those concepts to other students helps getting you to actually think about it too. Getting a decent amount of sleep is the second most important, if I haven't covered everything yet and its midnight, I'd rather just go to sleep and wake up just in time to make it to the test so that my REM sleep gets a chance to consolidate what I've already learned without much, if any, active effort on my part. :sleep:

6. nova2010

Mar 9, 2006
    I don't know why every word was in caps, except I must have had the caps lock on. ANYWAY!!!! Thanks for pointing that out.

7. eyestrain

eyestrain Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2005
    South Dakota
    Then all of the letters would have been captilized, not just the first one of every word.

8. nova2010

Mar 9, 2006
    H _ _ L, I don't know why it did that, but it did. I just know I had the caps lock on and that's how it happened. I certainly wouldn't have taken the time to cap every word. Why are you so hung up on that? A little a _ _ l, are we? Sorry, I just couldn't resist.