Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a complex situation. My husband and I own our home in IL and he needs to stay behind 1 year till his daughter graduates high school. I start pharm school in TN in August. We have a lot of debt accumulated plus mortgage, car payments, and now my new rent payment plus food, gas, utilities, etc etc. I am giving up my income to attend school and the amount GradPlus offered me plus my husbands income was not enough for both of us to survive. I applied for a private loan for additional money and was approved. My question is can I get a gradplus and private student loan at the same time? Since the private loan goes to the school as well as the gradplus and then they send me the difference I am wondering if one or the other will get rejected. I can't sell the house till next year so its not an option to wipe away our debt right now. This first year is going to be tough so if anyone has experienced this please share if its possible to get both school loans at the same time.

Quick Answer: Yes

The amount and APR is highly dependable of your credit and history (if any) of personal loans. If possible, I'd talk with your financial aid office to see if an HPL (Health Professional Loan) exists for your program as it does in many other Health Professional Programs. For non-traditional students with a family, it will require you to contact the IRS and print a transcript document relating and highlighting a simplistic form that defines aspects of your taxes filed for this previous year.

Another contingency of the personal loan is its limitations of forbearance while being a full time student. In cases like this, a co-signer may be needed. Nonetheless, you should have no problem pulling out both loans at the same time despite your personal loan being sent directly to the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.