Graduate Certificate during Gap Years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taquitolord

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, So I decided to take a couple gap years to develop my app further and am currently working as a bioinformatician at a major research hospital. My role gives me a tuition benefit which allows me to take a boatload of classes pretty much anywhere I want. Accordingly, I am planning on completing a graduate certificate in epidemiology/public health since I'm interesting in expanding my background in these fields.

My question is: will this graduate certificate account into my BCPM/Cumulative GPA when I ultimately apply or are these courses separately counted as part of my application?

I apologize if this question is naive but could use advice as to how this will ultimately impact my application. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My question is: will this graduate certificate account into my BCPM/Cumulative GPA when I ultimately apply or are these courses separately counted as part of my application?
No.
If you are enrolled as a student with grades in an accredited institution (with a transcript and course description), these grades will be included in graduate grades, not undergrad BCPM.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi, So I decided to take a couple gap years to develop my app further and am currently working as a bioinformatician at a major research hospital. My role gives me a tuition benefit which allows me to take a boatload of classes pretty much anywhere I want. Accordingly, I am planning on completing a graduate certificate in epidemiology/public health since I'm interesting in expanding my background in these fields.

I apologize if this question is naive but could use advice as to how this will ultimately impact my application. Thank you!
Which graduate programs and institutions are you considering?

Reactions: 1 user