Graduate Degrees after PharmD (besides MBA and JD/law)??

Started by WhYMee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhYMee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any graduate degrees that make sense after already acquiring a pharmd? Most go for MBA or Law, but anything else? I know you can more or less enter any program in any field, but anyone know of one that will open any career paths. I was thinking, maybe a masters in education might help with academia.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
 
Are there any graduate degrees that make sense after already acquiring a pharmd? Most go for MBA or Law, but anything else? I know you can more or less enter any program in any field, but anyone know of one that will open any career paths. I was thinking, maybe a masters in education might help with academia.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Are you a masochist? Get out once you are done!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any graduate degrees that make sense after already acquiring a pharmd? Most go for MBA or Law, but anything else? I know you can more or less enter any program in any field, but anyone know of one that will open any career paths. I was thinking, maybe a masters in education might help with academia.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

A masters in education will NOT help with academia at all. Expertise in your field, a good residency will help! Most folks who get a Ph.D. after a Pharm.D. are very passionate about the particular research field. If better compensation/lifestyle is the goal there should be many better ways to getting to that rather than accumulating degrees.
 
Masters of Public Health would be useful and very interesting. Thinking about doing that myself...
 
Master of Health-System Pharm Administration

I agree. I had a professor who had Pharm.D. and MPH who really enjoyed research. Her education background and research skills made her successful and well-respected in the academic arena.

Other than that, consider M.D. then.