Graduate Early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicineWoman

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to Palm Beach Atlantic next year and I am hoping to graduate one year early. Is it possible to graduate early by taking summer classes there? Is it possible to graduate early from pharmacy school period? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, that link doesn't really give any info. Those might be required courses such as rotations. As far as I know, you have to take specific courses at specific times and no summer classes are offered to get ahead in pharm school. I could be surprised though. Contact your school.
 
Typically your pharm school class is set from your PY1 year and there is no way to work ahead or graduate early. We have some elective that pharmacy students can take over the summer so they don't have to take them in the fall, but it doesn't really get them ahead, just lightens their load for the next semester.
 
Typically your pharm school class is set from your PY1 year and there is no way to work ahead or graduate early. We have some elective that pharmacy students can take over the summer so they don't have to take them in the fall, but it doesn't really get them ahead, just lightens their load for the next semester.

Oh, I see. I guess I can try to get into a 3 year pharm school. Thanks.