Graduate Intern Pay in California

Started by Momus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Momus

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to know; normally, how much a grad intern makes in CA? especially these 4 companies: RiteAid, CVS, Walgreens, and Longs. RiteAid told me 25/hour in San Diego, CA which I think is way too low and it doesn't sound right when a grad intern in Buffalo, NY got paid for 35/hour..
 
I'll list the ones that I know of in bay area, CA.

Target $40
Kaiser $40
Longs $43
 
This may be a dumb ques, but who is considered a graduate intern? Pharm students (any yr) working in pharmacies or do you have to be done w/the didactic part first??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a dumb ques, but who is considered a graduate intern? Pharm students (any yr) working in pharmacies or do you have to be done w/the didactic part first??

A graduate intern is somebody who graduated from pharmacy school but has not gotten licensed yet.
 
Graduate Intern is someone who has graduated from pharmacy school but not yet passed state test. So they probably have a PharmD but no state license yet.