Graduate Pharmacist as a summer intern?

Started by PharmaMe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmaMe

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be a newly graduate pharmacist in the next month. I did not get accepted into any pharma fellowship programs, but was offered a job in retail.

I feel it would be too difficult to transition into pharmaceutical company from retail, so I'm exploring other options while keeping the retail job as a back-up. I have applied to many entry level pharma jobs with no luck.

Has anyone heard of a recent graduate pharmacist be a summer intern in pharma? I understand that it's taking a step backwards, but i'm wondering if this is necessary into getting my foot in the door of a pharmaceutical company. I am hoping to reapply to programs again this year, and was thinking that the summer internship programs in pharma would help.

Any advice would be great! Thank you!
 
I'm going to be a newly graduate pharmacist in the next month. I did not get accepted into any pharma fellowship programs, but was offered a job in retail.

I feel it would be too difficult to transition into pharmaceutical company from retail, so I'm exploring other options while keeping the retail job as a back-up. I have applied to many entry level pharma jobs with no luck.

Has anyone heard of a recent graduate pharmacist be a summer intern in pharma? I understand that it's taking a step backwards, but i'm wondering if this is necessary into getting my foot in the door of a pharmaceutical company. I am hoping to reapply to programs again this year, and was thinking that the summer internship programs in pharma would help.

Any advice would be great! Thank you!

What do you want to do in pharma? I would consider doing a MS in regulatory or get a certificate in drug safety/clinical trials. I hear those can help open doors or at least help you get some connections.