Graduate Studeis then Applying for Med Edge?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shirochan88

The Canadian
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings all
just have a few questions

I am considering applying to med after my undergrad, however currently contempltating doing a Masters inorder to expand my horizon in research which happens to be something I am quite interested in.

With that said Medicine is always a passion of mine. I would like to know if any of the big four take into consideration Graduate marks in GPA calculation.

or if they have a totally differnet way of GPA calculation
ie some Canadian schools will place you in a different pile for considerations

reason being my marks aren't that good currently for my undergrad (hence considering Carab school) but wanted to know how they treat people with PHD's or Msc's

also do DO schools in the states look at graduate studies differently too?

not sure if I'm canadian if I can apply for DO school in states anyone know thanks
 
Hey there. From what I have heard in the past, grad grades are NOT factored into your total gpa. If you want to raise your UG gpa, take more classes in a forma or informal post-bacc program. ( I'm doing the latter)

US DO schools look at grad grades the same way as US and carib schools. However, if you retake a course and get a higher grade, they will accept the higher one rather than average the two as in US and carib schools. Hope this helps!!
 
if they don't calculate it in the overall GPA

do they even consider the graduate degree, after?

any help