graduating in the fall/semester off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2008applicant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating in the fall of my senior year instead of the spring. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do during the spring semester of senior year? I've already done a significant amount of research and I have no desire to do an MD/PhD. Here are some options I've come up with ...please help me add more

volunteer abroad (projects-abroad.org) (how are these projects anyways, anyone tried them?)

school/take more classes and get a BS in biochem instead of a BA

find a job with some clinical experience (not sure hat kind of job I should find)

Members don't see this ad.

find a job with some clinical experience (not sure hat kind of job I should find)

this is hard to do because you need all types of certification, etc. with a master's degree, i tried to break into clinical labs at the hospital and found out i would have to go back to school for additional training, etc.

on the job front -- it is going to be hard to find an employer who will be okay if you are leaving in 6 months (it's just not cost-effective when you think of training time, etc).

other ideas off the top of my head -

volunteering - hospice, hospital, etc
shadowing a physician
teaching/tutoring (i.e. for kaplan or princeton review)