Dropping off a letter of intent in person?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

handsanitizer14

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on the waitlist. How acceptable is it to drop off a physical letter of intent to the admissions office? They have told us that correspondence should be through the portal during the application process.

Does this come across strong in a good way or a bad way? I plan to also provide the letter through the portal. I don't expect to talk to anyone in the office.
 
When the admissions office says they want correspondence through their portal, they mean it. Brown-nosing the admissions staff is not prudent. Remember, we don't keep paper files of applications... so what are we going to do with your note? (HINT: Scan and upload it to the PORTAL.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad