GRE Deadlines??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tndmltk

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the GRE for the first time this past Wednesday (9/4/19) and got a really satisfactory score. When I checked the requirements on the schools I'm applying to some of them (Davis, Colorado) had a GRE deadline back in August... I'm pretty sure (99% sure) I'll get my scores in by the VMCAS deadline but am I screwed for taking the GRE after the deadline the schools chose?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the GRE for the first time this past Wednesday (9/4/19) and got a really satisfactory score. When I checked the requirements on the schools I'm applying to some of them (Davis, Colorado) had a GRE deadline back in August... I'm pretty sure (99% sure) I'll get my scores in by the VMCAS deadline but am I screwed for taking the GRE after the deadline the schools chose?
Call the schools admissions' offices and just ask. I think that likely they will tell you that because the deadline is posted on their websites that there is nothing they can do but you never know.

I just received access to the supplemental app for UC-Davis. It says the following:

"The deadline to take the GRE for the 2019 - 20 application cycle is AUGUST 31, 2019. The GRE must have been taken within the five-year period: AUGUST 31, 2014 - AUGUST 31, 2019. Tests taken outside of this time period are not valid and will not be used in the evaluation of your application."

Based on the information above, I don't think UC-Davis would consider you for admission. :(