GRE GRE Deadlines??

Started by tndmltk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tndmltk

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the GRE for the first time this past Wednesday (9/4/19) and got a really satisfactory score. When I checked the requirements on the schools I'm applying to some of them (Davis, Colorado) had a GRE deadline back in August... I'm pretty sure (99% sure) I'll get my scores in by the VMCAS deadline but am I screwed for taking the GRE after the deadline the schools chose?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the GRE for the first time this past Wednesday (9/4/19) and got a really satisfactory score. When I checked the requirements on the schools I'm applying to some of them (Davis, Colorado) had a GRE deadline back in August... I'm pretty sure (99% sure) I'll get my scores in by the VMCAS deadline but am I screwed for taking the GRE after the deadline the schools chose?
Call the schools admissions' offices and just ask. I think that likely they will tell you that because the deadline is posted on their websites that there is nothing they can do but you never know.
 
I took the GRE for the first time this past Wednesday (9/4/19) and got a really satisfactory score. When I checked the requirements on the schools I'm applying to some of them (Davis, Colorado) had a GRE deadline back in August... I'm pretty sure (99% sure) I'll get my scores in by the VMCAS deadline but am I screwed for taking the GRE after the deadline the schools chose?

I just received access to the supplemental app for UC-Davis. It says the following:

"The deadline to take the GRE for the 2019 - 20 application cycle is AUGUST 31, 2019. The GRE must have been taken within the five-year period: AUGUST 31, 2014 - AUGUST 31, 2019. Tests taken outside of this time period are not valid and will not be used in the evaluation of your application."

Based on the information above, I don't think UC-Davis would consider you for admission. 🙁