GRE requirement for residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vetaspirant

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Friends, I am interested in vet medicine and research, but I know the dual degree DVM/PhD would be extremely stressful. So I was wondering if I can do a residency training plus PhD in Microbiology or Pathology after completing the DVM degree. I noticed that some Universities require GRE scores for residency/PhD admission. My GRE scores would expire by the time I graduate from a Vet school. In that instance do I have to re-take the GRE when I complete the DVM program or is GRE usually waived for DVM holders? Thanks in advance for your responses.