GRE Score Report Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njvet93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. So I took the GRE twice, pretty content with my Verbal and Analytical scores the first time but I took it again to bump up my Quant a few points (which I managed to do, but my verbal and analytical remained the same). I'm wondering if I should just send my most recent score with the improved Quant or both test scores to show the improvement in Quant and that the other two scores were pretty fair assessments of my "skill at taking a standardized test" or whatever you wanna call it. Any opinions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last cycle im almost positive VMCAS required for all attempts to be recorded and then schools themselves want them all to be sent in. And you don't have to pay for them separately it will all be the same price (I know I was concerned about that)! Also, depending on where you are applying some schools will take the best section from each as your final score, rather than just take a single test.

Last cycle im almost positive VMCAS required for all attempts to be recorded and then schools themselves want them all to be sent in. And you don't have to pay for them separately it will all be the same price (I know I was concerned about that)! Also, depending on where you are applying some schools will take the best section from each as your final score, rather than just take a single test.
I may have done my VMCAS incorrectly last year, then. I took the GRE twice, and did a few points lower for Q the second time around. I elected only to disclose my better test and to only send that score out. As far as I'm aware, the GRE score report won't show blanks for a testing date if you chose not to send it out.

I'd just send the most recent. I feel out of touch with requirements at this point, but look to see what each school does for their GRE. Some might take the best Q/V score from all test attempts, some might automatically take the most recent test as a whole. If anything, you can always shoot some emails out to the schools and see what they want. It sounds like it wouldn't matter either way, since your newer test is your better score anyways.