GRE Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

np3715

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first practice test for the GRE and got a 140 and 142 :/
I have a big book to study and brush up and will take more practice ones before taking the real one in about 2 months, think I will be able to do much better to get those scores up to ideally 155-160 on each?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took my first practice test for the GRE and got a 140 and 142 :/
I have a big book to study and brush up and will take more practice ones before taking the real one in about 2 months, think I will be able to do much better to get those scores up to ideally 155-160 on each?
What book did you get? I utilized Barrons and Kaplan books for the practice tests. In addition, I utilized Magoosh, which is cheaper than hiring personal tutors. 2 months was more than enough time for me to raise my score, but it also depends on how much time you're willing to put into studying/practicing.

What book did you get? I utilized Barrons and Kaplan books for the practice tests. In addition, I utilized Magoosh, which is cheaper than hiring personal tutors. 2 months was more than enough time for me to raise my score, but it also depends on how much time you're willing to put into studying/practicing.
I have the Kaplan GRE Prep Plus book

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll second the Magoosh prep program. I only studied for a month and got decent scores.

I'll second the Magoosh prep program. I only studied for a month and got decent scores.

I just signed up for the Magoosh Prep program also. Did you actually watch all the videos or just worked on the practice problems/vocabulary? I’m a little overwhelmed from all the content available. Any tips on studying through Magoosh would be appreciated.

I just signed up for the Magoosh Prep program also. Did you actually watch all the videos or just worked on the practice problems/vocabulary? I’m a little overwhelmed from all the content available. Any tips on studying through Magoosh would be appreciated.
I used magoosh for 2-3 months and I followed their study plan/guide. They have lots on them based on what you need to work on and how much time you have. They tell you exactly what to do each day. From solely using Magoosh I ended up with a 160V 156Q and 3.5 AW

Reactions: 1 user
Highly highly recommend Magoosh!! Studied with magoosh videos for 2 months for my second GRE test and raised my Q score by 5 points and V by 1 point. Also, idk how accurate some of those practice tests are. Before my first actual test, sometimes I would score in the 140s V & Q and other times I would score in the 160s V & Q. Ended up getting a 155 V and 150 Q first time and then 156V 155Q the second time.

Reactions: 1 user