Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

GRE scores?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Skye04, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Skye04

Skye04 Senior Member

If you take the GRE subject tests in a science field, would they have any bearing on med school admissions? I have not heard them mentioned at all but I would think they would demonstrate scientific aptitude (or lack thereof),right... ?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rumit

Rumit Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There is a place on the AMCAS for you to put GRE and other test scores, but I don't think that it makes much of a difference. Your MCAT score are still most important.

Adam

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    An interviewer commented on my GRE scores that I included on my AMCAS, so they do look at them.

5. wolferman

wolferman Member?

Resident [Any Field]
    Do you have to put your GRE scores on the AMCAS app? I have to take the GRE in the next two weeks in order to get into my grad program. I only need a 50% or higher so I wasn't planning on studying too much (I'm too busy anyway). But if I have to put my scores on AMCAS, I need to do much better than just above 50%.

6. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    You do not have to put them on. There is an optional section for Additional Test Scores. If you don't do too well then don't put them on.