GRE scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skye04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you take the GRE subject tests in a science field, would they have any bearing on med school admissions? I have not heard them mentioned at all but I would think they would demonstrate scientific aptitude (or lack thereof),right... ?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a place on the AMCAS for you to put GRE and other test scores, but I don't think that it makes much of a difference. Your MCAT score are still most important.

Adam

An interviewer commented on my GRE scores that I included on my AMCAS, so they do look at them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to put your GRE scores on the AMCAS app? I have to take the GRE in the next two weeks in order to get into my grad program. I only need a 50% or higher so I wasn't planning on studying too much (I'm too busy anyway). But if I have to put my scores on AMCAS, I need to do much better than just above 50%.

You do not have to put them on. There is an optional section for Additional Test Scores. If you don't do too well then don't put them on.