GRE study guides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KittenRescue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today is my day off so I have been studying for the GRE I am suppose to take sept 3rd.. I have 2 books a Kaplan and Princeton.. It seems like the Kaplan is much easier then the Princeton.. Especially the math. Did anyone find one better then the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't comment on the Kaplan books but I've used both Barron's and Princeton Review. I like Princeton's far better than Barron's.

I used Kaplan, ETS, and GRE for Dummies as far as books are concerned. I also used GRE Bible and the Kaplan CD, as well as a number of free internet sites for computer based learning. All I did was take test after test and conduct a review of anything I missed or wasn't 100% sure on. Seemed to work ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they have practice ones online? I can't seem to find any.

Do they have practice ones online? I can't seem to find any.

Some books come with access codes to their websites, where you can find even more practice tests.

I just ordered the Princeton Math Workout for the GRE book and Kaplan's GRE 2011 Premier, GRE 2011 Strategies Practice and Review, and GRE Biology (although now I'm not sure that I am going to take the GRE biology). They just shipped so I should have them next week. I didn't think about it but I hope they are for the test that is still being used, not the one coming out late next year.

Thanks!:D
so dreading taking this test...................:scared:

Kitten-

Are you applying this year? I thought from previous posts of yours that you are still working on prereqs and are applying next year.

I am thinking about applying to Ross at the end of this semester for Sept 2011.. Either way I want to take it once before the fall semester so I can take it again prob after the semester is over..:D.. LOL

Ah okay. Why Ross v SGU? Because of being about to get federal loans or because of the accelerated program?

I was planning on taking the GRE in January when I get back to the US, but then I started thinking about it and if the next application cycle doesn't open up until June then I am essentially wasting my four free score reports, costing me an extra $92 next year when I do applications... so now I'm not sure!

In any case, keep us posted on how you do and if you decide to put in your app to Ross.

The doctors I work with all went to Ross so thats all I really hear about.. I do also like the accelerated program because I am not getting any younger and the federal loans.
I need to get studying like nobodys business though I just realized I am taking it 2 weeks from today!:confused::eek::eek:

I studied for the GRE using both a Kaplan book and a Princeton Review book. I think that, out of the two, the Kaplan book helped me the most. However, I think this was due to the CD that came with the Kaplan book which allowed online access to the practice tests. I just took as many practice tests as possible, and I think that was what helped my score the most. Good luck!