Great breaking news!! The surplus is coming to an end!

Started by pharmaz88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmaz88

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It must be true; I read it on the internet, and from an obviously credible source.

“There is a huge demand for pharmacists. They are estimating a more than 100,000 pharmacist shortfall by 2020 — with a continued decline in pharmacy school applications,” said Jerick Henley, president of AHS PharmStat.

🙄
 
It must be true; I read it on the internet, and from an obviously credible source.

“There is a huge demand for pharmacists. They are estimating a more than 100,000 pharmacist shortfall by 2020 — with a continued decline in pharmacy school applications,” said Jerick Henley, president of AHS PharmStat.

🙄

Dear God, how could anyone believe this?! That is grade A crazyness. :laugh:
 
Should say "more pharmacists are using staffing agencies because they can't find permanent placements."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
colander%20head.jpg
 
This news will ease some concerns of future pharmacists, and will definitely anger "doomsdayers".
"Demand for pharmacists increasing"

"“There is a huge demand for pharmacists. They are estimating a more than 100,000 pharmacist shortfall by 2020 — with a continued decline in pharmacy school applications,” said Jerick Henley, president of AHS PharmStat."
 
This news will ease some concerns of future pharmacists, and will definitely anger "doomsdayers".
"Demand for pharmacists increasing"

"“There is a huge demand for pharmacists. They are estimating a more than 100,000 pharmacist shortfall by 2020 — with a continued decline in pharmacy school applications,” said Jerick Henley, president of AHS PharmStat."

We have a thread about this. Merging.
 
It must be true; I read it on the internet, and from an obviously credible source.

“There is a huge demand for pharmacists. They are estimating a more than 100,000 pharmacist shortfall by 2020 — with a continued decline in pharmacy school applications,” said Jerick Henley, president of AHS PharmStat.

🙄

This must be old. I work part time for AHS pharmstat. Four years ago they called me non-stop. I turned down more jobs than I accepted. They haven't called me since January. Might have to reissue that statement.
 
This must be old. I work part time for AHS pharmstat. Four years ago they called me non-stop. I turned down more jobs than I accepted. They haven't called me since January. Might have to reissue that statement.

When I lost my job last year, I contacted RPh On The Go, which I've worked for in the past. They informed me that they do very little temp work any more and are more a placement service, and they have contacted me for exactly ONE job.

My former employer, when one of the overnighters was fired. :smack:

I've been contacted by a couple other agencies, and all the jobs turned into immediate dead ends. 😕 There was even one job that I'm pretty sure didn't even exist.
 
When I lost my job last year, I contacted RPh On The Go, which I've worked for in the past. They informed me that they do very little temp work any more and are more a placement service, and they have contacted me for exactly ONE job.

My former employer, when one of the overnighters was fired. :smack:

I've been contacted by a couple other agencies, and all the jobs turned into immediate dead ends. 😕 There was even one job that I'm pretty sure didn't even exist.

I checked into RPH on the Go. They told me that they had one opening in a remote part of Washington where no one wants to live and had 63 pharmacists apply for it.:scared:

They have some travel assignments available. Not much out there for temp work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I checked into RPH on the Go. They told me that they had one opening in a remote part of Washington where no one wants to live and had 63 pharmacists apply for it.:scared:

They have some travel assignments available. Not much out there for temp work.

I'm curious - where in Washington might that have been? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.
 
I'm curious - where in Washington might that have been? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.

I don't remember the city name. I'm new to Washington. I've applied to a few places and received responses that they are going through hundreds of applications and will get back to me. After 2 months of searching, I have landed 2 interviews. I just need one of them to turn into a job.
 
I don't remember the city name. I'm new to Washington. I've applied to a few places and received responses that they are going through hundreds of applications and will get back to me. After 2 months of searching, I have landed 2 interviews. I just need one of them to turn into a job.
I thought you'd already found a position in WA?
 
i had a friend who just moved to SanFrancisco and a hospital is holding a job open for him for 6 months while he takes a vacation

I am sure that they must be using a temp agency or they have an awful lot of pool pharmacists that need the hours.