1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Great doc books

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by Catayst, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Catayst

Catayst Hardest working man in toe business
    7+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    Has anybody read a book that has given you confidence in dealing with patients better, or just one you really liked and was helpful someway with med school and all?

I doubt anybody has heard of this one, but it seems like something that would contribute to making you a better doctor (especially DPM):
    Psychosocial Approaches to Podiatry

Think its worth a crap?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doclm

doclm Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It is good to look for certain aspects of patient care that you could improve. However, you will receive most of your experience and confidence while in clinicals your 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and possibly 7th year of DPM training. In that time you will encounter many different situations that should prepare you for the real world of patient care.

But if you can find some good literature that will motivate you to keep patient care your first priority, go for it. I believe that this is something that many doctors significantly lack. I am very fortunate to have already 7 years of patient care experience and a gift of getting along with just about any patient. With time and practice, you too will find your niche in patient care.

4. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest
    10+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Cool book it have not read it but it would be worth it in my opinion. If you can get one fact to help you deal with that annoying patient, it is worth every dime. I had one lady go postal b/c Medicare was charged 90 for an office visit and 70 for nail care. She didn't pay a dime herself but said that she will start getting pedicures at the mall b/c we were over charging. Where is the logic in that?

Thanks to the clinician and a lot of talking, she saw the light.

5. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest
    10+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Another good book is Complications: A Surgeon's Note to an Imperfect Science. Something to read before or during residency when you live in the OR.