Great interview & ISS but denied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbudz

Reaction score
I know decision day is right around the corner but I'm getting in my head a lot & maybe some of y'all can relate. I know we need to trust the process so I'm mainly looking for other input aside from that. I have a long history with my in-state school as I graduated from undergrad with them, did my post-bacc through them, and did volunteer work at the university hospital screening for social determinants of health as well as free dental clinics at their dental school last month. Stats for reference: 3.46 sci, 3.57 overall, 25AA, 25TS with a 30 in bio, 17 PAT. I had my interview with them in mid-November and I can honestly say the interview went better than I could have ever imagined. The interviewers were faculty members and started by saying they commend me for my perseverance as I've had a long battle with several autoimmune conditions. When I spoke about my research they said I was extremely well-spoken and should consider doing research in dental school or even going into academia after I graduate. I quite literally had a panic attack right before the interview because I feel that I have a hard time articulating my thoughts coherently in high-stakes situations but I genuinely came out of the interview feeling extremely confident and happy with how well it went.

I know decision day is not even two weeks away, but I have heard of people who have an established longer-term relationship with their in-state school and then get blindsided and denied. I guess I am looking for any experiences anyone has had with that, or even just some encouraging words aside from trusting the process. I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to even get an interview, but at this point I am fearful of feeling confident and getting absolutely crushed. I know I have to prepare myself for that, though.

Members don't see this ad.

I know decision day is right around the corner but I'm getting in my head a lot & maybe some of y'all can relate. I know we need to trust the process so I'm mainly looking for other input aside from that. I have a long history with my in-state school as I graduated from undergrad with them, did my post-bacc through them, and did volunteer work at the university hospital screening for social determinants of health as well as free dental clinics at their dental school last month. Stats for reference: 3.46 sci, 3.57 overall, 25AA, 25TS with a 30 in bio, 17 PAT. I had my interview with them in mid-November and I can honestly say the interview went better than I could have ever imagined. The interviewers were faculty members and started by saying they commend me for my perseverance as I've had a long battle with several autoimmune conditions. When I spoke about my research they said I was extremely well-spoken and should consider doing research in dental school or even going into academia after I graduate. I quite literally had a panic attack right before the interview because I feel that I have a hard time articulating my thoughts coherently in high-stakes situations but I genuinely came out of the interview feeling extremely confident and happy with how well it went.

I know decision day is not even two weeks away, but I have heard of people who have an established longer-term relationship with their in-state school and then get blindsided and denied. I guess I am looking for any experiences anyone has had with that, or even just some encouraging words aside from trusting the process. I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to even get an interview, but at this point I am fearful of feeling confident and getting absolutely crushed. I know I have to prepare myself for that, though.
it's normal to feel that way
since i can't say, "TTP", how's this, "nature finds a way..."?

Reactions: 2 users
Breathe... Life will go on and Decision Day will come soon enough. Nothing in this world is promised, except death as some people like to say. The biggest negative things that happened to me in life have been the times I've learned and grown the most from. We all are in this together and know you are not the only one anxious about all your hard work coming to fruition. I'm right there with you. Congrats on making it this far! Know as I am writing this, I am sorta pep-talking myself up too!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users