Greeting All!!! Has anyone applied to University of Kansas PT or OT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makingmoves2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings!!! I was wondering has anyone applied to University of Kansas (Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy Program)? I am curious to know what is your grade point average, extra curriculum, and observation hours? I will be attending an information session next Monday for Occupational Therapy. I believe attending an information session will be beneficial for me. I have this fear of applying and getting rejected. I've spoke with an admission counselor form the occupational therapy department, she stated that "not all 4.0 students make a great occupational therapist." I'm assuming that all admission counselors tell all prospective applicant this. I don't want to waste my time applying. My grade point average at the end of the summer will be 3.045 however my grade point average will improve tremendously by December 2014. My grade point average will be a 3.8 to 40 range since I'm getting a second bachelors degree. I have over 2,000 hours of working with a child who is special needs. I have A's in both Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2. I have my Certified Nurse Assistant License. This summer I will be working at a major hospital. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve my application? I need to be competitive. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

This post belongs in the pre-PT forum.