GRE's are BORING!!!

Started by Kushkeeee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kushkeeee

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else feel extremely bored with studying for the GRE's? When I ask that, I don't mean bored as in unchallenging. Rather, I mean bored as in the material for the general test is just, blah. I mean, I feel like I"m studying a bunch of useless facts that I'll never use, just so that I can do well on this one test in my life.

I know I will always be able to use vocab and math skills in some way. But a part of me can't help but wonder when I will ever use a word like "pall" in an actual sentence.


Trying to get some motivation here..


koosh
 
The Gre's are sold as an achievement test. They are really intelligence tests.

All are produced at Princeton, or were. The LAST< MBA< MEDCAT. People who do well on one, typically do good on the other.

Forget the Verbal and focus on the "Math." I think it is 8th grade stuff with a lot of logic. You can raise your math, not the Verbal. People who do real well on the test do not study at all.

Most of the studying a person does on the GRE helps to reduce anxiety.
That's all.

Good luck It may be the worse test you ever take. Put a bunch of smart people on a normal curve and guess what happens.
 
I mean, I feel like I"m studying a bunch of useless facts that I'll never use, just so that I can do well on this one test in my life.



The reason you feel that way is because it's true, but thats life.