Gross

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by CGPOD, Jan 5, 2000.

1. CGPOD

CGPOD New Member

Anybody know of any websites or books containing mnuemonics(forgive me if I spelled it wrong)for gross anatomy
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Michael

Michael Member

I know of a book that might be of use to you. It is called Medica Mnemonica and can be found at Barnes and Noble's website. The address is www.bn.com and the book costs $12.95.

I hope this is helpful,
    Michael

4. CGPOD

CGPOD New Member

Mike is this a serious book or does it cover legitimate topics because it look like a book of humor. Anyway thanks for your help

5. Michael

Michael Member

I didn't look at the whole book, but it seemed to cover serious topics. For example, it had two mnemonics for the names of the cranial nerves and one for their functions (motor, sensory, or both). Several of my classmates used it and seemed to like it very well.

6. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I've seen mnemonics websites, but I don't have the addresses handy. Check out Yahoo and search for "medical mnemonics." I'm sure you'll find some stuff that way.

As for the usefulness of these mnemonics, they are sometimes useful, but other times they'll be just more difficult to learn than the actual stuff. Pick and choose wisely.

I personally found only the branches of the external carotid artery to be easily remembered using a mnemonic (which wasn't G-rated, and I can't post it here), but mnemonics for the cranial nerves just didn't work.

Tim of New York City.

7. MS4

MS4 Junior Member

How is your cat, anyway? Darn zulus gangs...

8. bDOc03

bDOc03 Member

MS4,

I just finished head and neck and I can tell you that my cat is fine...however, he is now on his way to Zanzabar by motorcar! Which is really kind of stupid when you think about it since Zanzabar is an island......I think!

Later,

bDOc03
    UHS, MS-1