Gross

Started by CGPOD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CGPOD

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know of any websites or books containing mnuemonics(forgive me if I spelled it wrong)for gross anatomy
Thanks
 
I know of a book that might be of use to you. It is called Medica Mnemonica and can be found at Barnes and Noble's website. The address is www.bn.com and the book costs $12.95.

I hope this is helpful,
Michael
 
Mike is this a serious book or does it cover legitimate topics because it look like a book of humor. Anyway thanks for your help
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't look at the whole book, but it seemed to cover serious topics. For example, it had two mnemonics for the names of the cranial nerves and one for their functions (motor, sensory, or both). Several of my classmates used it and seemed to like it very well.
 
I've seen mnemonics websites, but I don't have the addresses handy. Check out Yahoo and search for "medical mnemonics." I'm sure you'll find some stuff that way.

As for the usefulness of these mnemonics, they are sometimes useful, but other times they'll be just more difficult to learn than the actual stuff. Pick and choose wisely.

I personally found only the branches of the external carotid artery to be easily remembered using a mnemonic (which wasn't G-rated, and I can't post it here), but mnemonics for the cranial nerves just didn't work.


Tim of New York City.
 
MS4,

I just finished head and neck and I can tell you that my cat is fine...however, he is now on his way to Zanzabar by motorcar! Which is really kind of stupid when you think about it since Zanzabar is an island......I think!

Later,

bDOc03
UHS, MS-1