Group Interview Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myzougrad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that my interview for the DPT program will be a group interview with multiple interviewees. Any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

be informed, be yourself, listen to the others, don't interrupt, and check you zipper before you enter.

I agree - especially with the don't interrupt tip. I think it reflects well if you can show them that you listen and respect others. Anything that would show you to be a good team player.

I also suggest coming up with several examples that you can draw upon to answer questions. Times you showed leadership, dealt with disappointment, difficulty etc. Think of what you really want them to know about you and think of how you might be able to work that into a response without redirecting the conversation.

No one expects you to have all the answers and you don't want to appear to "practiced" but for me having a few examples ready was really helpful. You don't want to end up drawing upon the same singular instance for each question cause you are too nervous to think on the spot!

Be yourself and show them your enthusiasm for PT and their program!

be informed, be yourself, listen to the others, don't interrupt, and check you zipper before you enter.

I don't even leave the house before about 3 zipper checks :D Agreed as well. Be informed, but not too pushy. I tried to stand out by leadership, but tried not to step on toes in the process. Seemed to work out in my favor.. Good luck!