Group work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wandavision

Reaction score
sorry if I’m not supposed to post here. I’m a premed and I’m wondering how much group work you get in DO schools (specifically NYITCOM and Touro).

Members don't see this ad.

Mandatory group work includes TBL, simulation labs, and OMM and clinical skills labs. Study wise you can choose to study alone or get a group. EC wise you will likely have group work for community service and volunteering.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mandatory group work includes TBL, simulation labs, and OMM and clinical skills labs. Study wise you can choose to study alone or get a group. EC wise you will likely have group work for community service and volunteering.
I didn’t know community service and volunteering were a part of med school. Is this optional or something?

because some people have kids and need to manage their time wisely. I’m wondering if it will be necessary to meet up with groups after lecture hours, etc.

Not after hours. You will have some dumb required stuff in class but it will be in business hours

because some people have kids and need to manage their time wisely. I’m wondering if it will be necessary to meet up with groups after lecture hours, etc.
I have kids too. I thought you were wanting extra group work after hours lol.

No you won't have to do that.

Reactions: 3 users
Which Touro? The New York Touros have a flipped classroom and mandatory lecture, meaning you learn everything outside of class then show up to class for clicker quizzes, so you may find it cuts into time with family. The west coast Touros have traditional non-mandatory lectures.