GS full length score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On GS full length 4, I received a 25 with the scores of 8/8/9. Is this indicative of my performance? Do I have reason to be alarmed? I have two months to my MCAT. Is there a chance of improving in this time frame? Thank you for your suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My science scores on GS FLs are very similar to those of AAMC FLs (1-2 pts lower tho)

On GS full length 4, I received a 25 with the scores of 8/8/9. Is this indicative of my performance? Do I have reason to be alarmed? I have two months to my MCAT. Is there a chance of improving in this time frame? Thank you for your suggestions!

I was getting around 11-13 on the bio and PS. Have yet to get my real mcat scores back but also got around same scores on the aamc ones. I would use the raw scores more than the scaled ones IMO

I want to believe that my score on AAMC will be higher. However on AAMC 3 which I took last week I scored lower than the Gold Standard full length. It was alarming to me because on Kaplan full lengths I would do about an 8-10 on on the Biology and Physical sections. On AAMC 3 I got a 6 in the Physical Science section which I speculate could have happened because there was one passage on sound that contained questions I had no concept of. Would you suggest that I continue using Gold Standard full lengths? Are they efficient full lengths that could be utilized for preparation?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really like the GS tests TBR tests suck IMHO (PS decent, verbal rubbish and BS decent towards 6-7, did not like 1-4). GS I feel harks on the same few concepts and really gets them into you and I just feel overall is more high yield...i went into prep trusting TBR, but have drastically changed my mind. Oh and GS verbal isn't good either...I just skip the verbal.

And when you call them they're like: "oh our students here in california repeat EACH of the CBTS several (3-4) times..." yeah i'm sure they have the time to do that.

I've been scoring solid 11-12s on GS BS and PS and AAMC were around there as well +/-1. I think their revised scaling system is really accurate w/ respect to the AAMC CBTs (not sure how accurate with the real MCAT).

Last edited:
I was getting around 11-13 on the bio and PS. Have yet to get my real mcat scores back but also got around same scores on the aamc ones. I would use the raw scores more than the scaled ones IMO

Did you finish all 10? Thinking of skipping 9

No I only did the first four Gold Standard full lengths. It seems as if I am at 25. Do you believe it is likely I can increase my score by five points within two months?

If you got around the same scores on your AAMC as on your GS full length was it typically higher or lower? By how many points? Are you referring to the AAMC conversion table to estimate the GS full length?

No I only did the first four Gold Standard full lengths. It seems as if I am at 25. Do you believe it is likely I can increase my score by five points within two months?

yes definitely on the GS practice exams as they literally sometimes repeat questions..study hard take a few more GS, then take AAMC 9,10,11 to see if you are ~30