Program-Specific Info / Q's GSU OT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Otogp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to start a thread to see who has heard back from Georgia State for fall 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
They posted on the website that they will send out decisions the week of March 5th

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, Did anyone get a interview this time around? I know last year they didn’t have interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, Did anyone get a interview this time around? I know last year they didn’t have interviews.

No I haven't heard anything about an interview. They said they were going to do them this time around, but considering the fact that classes start in May they are going to have to have a very quick turnaround.

No I haven't heard anything about an interview. They said they were going to do them this time around, but considering the fact that classes start in May they are going to have to have a very quick turnaround.
Yes that’s a very fast turn around. I guess we will have to just wait and see. Good luck!

I was conditionally accepted, in terms that I complete and pass the two summer courses gross anatomy and medical conditions.

I was conditionally accepted, in terms that I complete and pass the two summer courses gross anatomy and medical conditions.

So I guess they are not doing interviews at all?

Congratulations!!! That’s awesome. Did you get your notification this week or prior?

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s nit my top choice. I’m hoping to get off the waitlist from two other schools in my home state. But if Georgia State is my only option I’m hoping they will get accredited by the time we graduate??? They already have DPT program right?

Congrats to those who were accepted!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me their stats (accepted students!)
Thank you!

Congrats to those who were accepted!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me their stats (accepted students!)
Thank you!

iversity: Western Carolina University
Major: Recreational Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 1st time - V-147, Q-151, AW-4.0
2nd time - V- 151, Q-149, AW-4.0

Extra-Curric: Phi Mu Sorority & Krop Coordinator, Child Care provider for child on autism spectrum, Certified Recreational Therapist, CPR Adult & First Aid

OT Observation hours: 48- pediatric outpatient
13- inpatient rehab
21.5 - schools sytem
46.5- outpatient orthopedic
16 - behavioral health

Volunteer or other experience: 500 hour student internship in inpatient physical rehab, clinical hours in geriatric setting, hours as camp counselor at autism camp, volunteer atbrain injury camp, VA Hospital, UniversityParticipant program for college students withdisabilities.... i have a lot from various settings these just to name a few

Applied: Winston Salem State, Lenoir Rhyne (Hickory Cohort), University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Georgia State.

Waitlisted: Lenoir Rhyne, Winston Salem State

Acceptances: Georgia State University

Declined: none yet

Still waiting to hear from UTC.

I am not accepting my seat for GSU because I was pulled from the waitlist at another school that is way more affordable so that may help someone on the waitlist!

Has anyone still not heard anything back at all? I know on the website it says we're supposed to hear back this week, but I still havent heard anything

Has anyone still not heard anything back at all? I know on the website it says we're supposed to hear back this week, but I still havent heard anything

Yeah I still haven't heard a thing from them. It's driving me nuts!

I haven’t heard back anything yet either

I went to the open house Friday and they said they were sending out decisions in waves this week!

Have you heard anything yet?

I got an acceptance letter earlier today. I will be declining. Good Luck everyone!

Still haven't heard anything. Is anyone in the same boat?

Still haven't heard anything. Is anyone in the same boat?

I got an email Friday around 5:00pm saying I was waitlisted and I had until March 16 to let them know if I wanted to stay on the waitlist. I think they probably didn't have enough time to send notices out considering I didn't get the message until EOD Friday

For those who were accepted, what date did they give to confirm or deny acceptance?

Nope. I’m so anxious!
When did you submit the application? Maybe admissions is going through them and sending out decisions in the order they were submitted? I'm just trying to find a reason why we haven't heard anything.

For those who were accepted, what date did they give to confirm or deny acceptance?

I didn't get accepted but in my email I received on Friday I was given until March 16 to let them know if I wanted to stay on the waitlist. I would imagine that they would give you at least a week.

When did you submit the application? Maybe admissions is going through them and sending out decisions in the order they were submitted? I'm just trying to find a reason why we haven't heard anything.
I submitted it in December. I also wondered if maybe they were going by last name?

I submitted it in December. I also wondered if maybe they were going by last name?
I submitted in December as well. My last name starts with a M. My friends who have heard back already are at the beginning of the alphabet. So to my knowledge that could be it...

I submitted in December as well. My last name starts with a M. My friends who have heard back already are at the beginning of the alphabet. So to my knowledge that could be it...
My last name is P so maybe that is the case!

I was accepted. Last name “C”
Received morning of March 2

Stats
Overall: 3.4
Prereq: 3.75
GRE: quant 145; verbal 152 ; writing 4.5

Shadowed in 5 different settings (over 100 hours) - including acute care
Exposure to OT since I was a child
Worked with child with ADHD with OT
Exposure to other healthcare careers
and more..

Stats are important, however I do believe the essay was key. The program is new and I can only imagine they are searching for students who are well versed and incredibly passionate about the field. The program is rooted in research, considering GSU has an incredible research program and the OT/M at GSU will have a deep emphasis in research, so impecable writing skills are likely a must as well.

Good luck!

Have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything. I submitted in December and last name is J. I have already accepted a spot at another school but the fact that they are taking so long to send decisions is really aggravating.

I haven't heard anything. I submitted in December and last name is J. I have already accepted a spot at another school but the fact that they are taking so long to send decisions is really aggravating.
Agreed!

I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?