GTown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gooseHC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten into Georgetown after receiving the letter stating that you were in the high priority or highly select or whatever list?? I got that letter and wrote back about a week or so ago and just wondered what happens to your application now..is the highly select thing some sort of glorified waitlist? or worse than a wait list?? any info would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I also received that "highly select" letter some time ago, and haven't heard anything since.

The funny thing is, while they go out of their way to assure you that you need not submit extra materials to ensure your app receives fair consideration, I keep hearing that writing a letter telling them you're very interested will get you in. Strange system they have there.

Tommy, did you write a letter??? I think they said that at the interview if I remember but everything is jumbled so i could be making that up!

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm thinking of sending them a basket of muffins at this point! :clap:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by gooseHC:
•Tommy, did you write a letter??? I think they said that at the interview if I remember but everything is jumbled so i could be making that up!•••••I wrote one post-interview, but not since I received the "highly select" letter.

Anyone know what percentage of their class is already filled now, or how many acceptances they typically have granted by now?

I got the same letter too. What I remember from the interview day was that they "backfill" (jeez, can't they think of a better word for their waitlistees than a combination of backwash and landfill? :rolleyes: ) their class from letter writers only.

However, what's weird is that I also remember them saying that they specifically ask you to write a letter of interest in the waitlist letter they send you. So either A) This is a different letter from your typical waitlist letter (similar to the post-interview "hold" category all the schools seem to love so much this year) or B) This is a waitlist letter and we're supposed to know to write a letter of interest from what they said at the interview.

DEFINETELY WRITE A LETTER!!!! I took notes during Mrs. Sullivan's talk, and one of the things I have written down in HUGE BLOCK LETTERS is to write a letter if you are placed in the "highly select" pool and you really want to go. Good luck to everyone.

hey:)

i interviewed at gtown in early january, got put on the high priority waitlist sometime in february, and just got accepted on monday!

so it does move! and i did write a letter... noting big. i would actually suggest writing another note to your interviewer-- i think they really play a large role in the decision, maybe moreso than at other schools.

hope that helps!

Did you write a letter of intent (stating you would go there if accepted) or a letter describing your interest in the school?

Thanks

bebe

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything recently.