1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

guaranteed acceptance to UCSD without MCAT???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by barb, Jul 17, 2002.

1. barb

barb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering if any of you knew of any program through UCSD that would guarantee admission to next year's class for a person (not me) who is a junior at a California State University (not a UC) with a cumulative 4.0, but has not taken the MCAT yet.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

That's because you didn't even have the common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

4. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

If there were such a program, hundreds of people would try it evey year. As it is, UCSD gets probably 6000 applications for 120 spots. Do you think all those people are applying just for the hell of it?

5. Mr.D

Mr.D insipidus maximus
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

LOL!!!!!:laugh:

6. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    are than any other schools with policies like this? Will they factor sexual favors into financial aid decisions? If so, I'm all over it.

Secondary Application for University of X Med School

Name:
    AMCAS ID:

Are you taking time off between undergrad and med school?
    Do your have relatives with ties to our school?
    Have you ever failed a class?
    Are you willing to be sexually violated in exchange for acceptance to our school?
    In the space provided below, describe any sexual acts/positions that you are capable of performing that are not inferred from the rest of your application.

Please enclose nude full body photographs along with 80 dollar application fee.

7. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

UCSD has a BS/MD program. It is not well publicized at all because you may apply only if invited. I have never heard of anything to do with the CSUs.

8. barb

barb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Here's why I ask. Some guy at my friend's work has been bragging about how he has secured a spot in UCSD's next year's entering class. He's a student at a CSU, and does have a 4.0 GPA but has not taken the MCAT. He claims that based on these "merits" he has been assured that a spot is waiting for him next year. Now, since this is my second time applying to med school, and I know that high GPA's are a dime a dozen when it comes to med school applicants, I think this guy is full of $*i+. But, to give him the benefit of the doubt, I thought I'd see if anybody had heard of this kind of thing happening. What irritates me, is after hearing how easy it was for this guy to "get accepted" to med school, my friend was like,"So if it's so easy, how come you're having such a hard time getting in?":rolleyes:

9. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i knew of a couple programs like that at brandeis. Eith tufts and einstein?

they only accepted 2 people each year I think. It wasn't an easy process at all, but once those ppl got in, they didn't have to take the mcat at all.

10. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Dude, he was getting bottomed. --Trek