guaranteed acceptance to UCSD without MCAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you knew of any program through UCSD that would guarantee admission to next year's class for a person (not me) who is a junior at a California State University (not a UC) with a cumulative 4.0, but has not taken the MCAT yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Moleculo
Sure sure...it's called the "Have Sex with Dr. Resnick, Dean of Admissions" program. But let me tell you this! It is complete hogwash! I still haven't received my freaking acceptance!!

That's because you didn't even have the common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Originally posted by barb
I was just wondering if any of you knew of any program through UCSD that would guarantee admission to next year's class for a person (not me) who is a junior at a California State University (not a UC) with a cumulative 4.0, but has not taken the MCAT yet.

If there were such a program, hundreds of people would try it evey year. As it is, UCSD gets probably 6000 applications for 120 spots. Do you think all those people are applying just for the hell of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Diogenes

That's because you didn't even have the common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

LOL!!!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by Moleculo
Sure sure...it's called the "Have Sex with Dr. Resnick, Dean of Admissions" program.

are than any other schools with policies like this? Will they factor sexual favors into financial aid decisions? If so, I'm all over it.

Secondary Application for University of X Med School

Name:
AMCAS ID:

Are you taking time off between undergrad and med school?
Do your have relatives with ties to our school?
Have you ever failed a class?
Are you willing to be sexually violated in exchange for acceptance to our school?
In the space provided below, describe any sexual acts/positions that you are capable of performing that are not inferred from the rest of your application.

Please enclose nude full body photographs along with 80 dollar application fee.

UCSD has a BS/MD program. It is not well publicized at all because you may apply only if invited. I have never heard of anything to do with the CSUs.

Here's why I ask. Some guy at my friend's work has been bragging about how he has secured a spot in UCSD's next year's entering class. He's a student at a CSU, and does have a 4.0 GPA but has not taken the MCAT. He claims that based on these "merits" he has been assured that a spot is waiting for him next year. Now, since this is my second time applying to med school, and I know that high GPA's are a dime a dozen when it comes to med school applicants, I think this guy is full of $*i+. But, to give him the benefit of the doubt, I thought I'd see if anybody had heard of this kind of thing happening. What irritates me, is after hearing how easy it was for this guy to "get accepted" to med school, my friend was like,"So if it's so easy, how come you're having such a hard time getting in?":rolleyes:

i knew of a couple programs like that at brandeis. Eith tufts and einstein?

they only accepted 2 people each year I think. It wasn't an easy process at all, but once those ppl got in, they didn't have to take the mcat at all.

Originally posted by Diogenes

Dude, he was getting bottomed. --Trek