Guaranteed Admission to Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoldenNeuron

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw some people talk about getting guaranteed admission into med school. They said some schools have this. Is this true? If it is true what are the names of some of these schools?
 
This is mostly for nontraditionals or those with weak GPA,, etc. if u are already in college usually too late for combined degree. I believe Drexel has a program for those with low science scores but otherwise awesome, pay an extra year tuition, get 3.0+ and minimum 25 MCAT and you are guaranteed a spot the following year - this is only if you are accepted to a particular program (not the regular postbac)
 
There are programs like this, for example there is one in Texas called JAMP admissions to a Texas medical school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is mostly for nontraditionals or those with weak GPA,, etc. if u are already in college usually too late for combined degree. I believe Drexel has a program for those with low science scores but otherwise awesome, pay an extra year tuition, get 3.0+ and minimum 25 MCAT and you are guaranteed a spot the following year - this is only if you are accepted to a particular program (not the regular postbac)
Is it guaranteed interview or guaranteed admission?
 
There are certain schools that offer high school seniors a combined BA/MD degree, provided they achieve a certain MCAT and/or GPA come application time. I am enrolled in one program now. The schools I know that offer these are Stony Brook University, Hofstra University, Brown University, Drexel University, University of Miami, Florida State University, and Florida Atlantic University (only for Florida residents). University of Florida also has a program in which students apply during their sophomore years in college.
 
The University of Louisville does this. The program is called GEMS (Guaranteed Entrance to Medical School) - you apply during your senior year of high school, and acceptance guarantees you a spot in the UofL School of Medicine once you finish college. You are, however, not obligated to go to UofL Med once you graduated (though an overwhelming majority in the program do).

Are you already enrolled in college, GoldNeuron?
 
I know of some programs, including one at MCG that gives assurance to highs school seniors as long as they meet basic requirements. As far as I know, most programs make you major in STEM and participate in research.