May 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello all,

I'm applying for HPSP now and I'm wondering if it's something to bring up in interviews or otherwise let schools know that I'll have this guaranteed way to pay for school once I am accepted. Is it an advantage? Would adcoms view it positively or is it a moot point?

Thanks!

samac

2+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Adcoms won't care. Whether you're paying with loans or the army is paying it the school is getting paid either way so why would it matter?

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Just curious @Rdejong , when do you send in that application? Same time as you apply for school or before?

staffcat

2+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2015
Hello all,

I'm applying for HPSP now and I'm wondering if it's something to bring up in interviews or otherwise let schools know that I'll have this guaranteed way to pay for school once I am accepted. Is it an advantage? Would adcoms view it positively or is it a moot point?

Thanks!
I thought you can only apply for HPSP after you've been accepted into med school...........

samac

2+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I thought you can only apply for HPSP after you've been accepted into med school...........
I almost did it.
You can do it in conjunction with applying to med school, but any offer is just conditional on being accepted to med school.

OP
R
May 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
@georgia_boy1 I started working with my recruiter as I began applying way back in may/june and just now is it all coming together to be complete. I wasn't super quick with everything because the first applications don't get reviewed until October and there were a bunch of hold ups with a shoulder injury I had a long time ago.. They're very thorough. Anyway, what @samac said is true. They will approve your application conditional on an acceptance letter.

Reactions: billeboi31