Gulf Medical University for DMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123eun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy. I just got into GMC for DMD. But I go to University of Michigan-Ann Arbor in USA. Do you think it is worth giving up michigan degree and go there? Does neone knoe whether you can practice dentistry in USA after GMC-DMD?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,i will strongly advice you to remain in michigan.tho the cost maybe less in gulf, but it will take you a longer time to and an almost impossible attempt to return to the united states to practice as a dentist.see the ada website on international dentist.

I thought i could go to one of the international programs in the states for two years and become a dentist in US
why is this almost impossible? ...

Members don't see this ad :)
It is almost impossible, because it is very competitive to get into those programs.you need to score very high on the boards and have great recommendations.Also i think most schools have usually less than 5 spots, i might be wrong, but i know someone who has been trying for the last 10years and just settled for a hygenist position.But dont let me discourage you,nothing is impossible under the eyes of God.Seek more and even professional advice, before you make a decision.
Goodluck

It's quite difficult, lengthy(2 yrs) and costs a lot (around 200k). Dude, not even think about it...and delete this thread if you could!!