muffeoniv

Removed
Oct 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
If hypothetically you could say you wrote health and nutrition articles to educate people about what a healthy lifestyle is and your articles were read by 10 million people that would be epic wouldn't it?!?!?!

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No, it wouldn't.

FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
!!!!!! jealous!!!!
yep that's it. we are all jealous that you wrote articles that anyone who has read a health book could write. it is cool, and possibly something you can add to your app, but it isn't awesome let alone epic.

startswithb

Future Urologist
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am interested in learning healthy lifestyle. Please post article.

rafflecopter

MS-0
10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone else love these stream of consciousness posts as much as I do? Please everyone, write everything that pops into your head for us to enjoy!

rafflecopter

MS-0
10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
People who wear these

give me the creeps. Don't drink the punch anyone!

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student

getright

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical

theWUbear

EM PGY2
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Medical Student

Their noses look a bit like pig snouts. What's the deal with that?

CougarMD

Come up screaming
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2008
ISIS Headquarters, NYC
Status
Resident [Any Field]

funklab

high plains drifter
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status
Compensatory Damages

With respect to compensatory damages, a defendant is liable to a plaintiff for all the natural and direct consequences of the defendant's wrongful act. Remote consequences of a defendant's act or omission cannot form the basis for an award of compensatory damages.
Consequential damages, a type of compensatory damages, may be awarded when the loss suffered by a plaintiff is not caused directly or immediately by the wrongful conduct of a defendant, but results from the defendant's action instead. For example, if a defendant carried a ladder and negligently walked into a plaintiff who was a professional model, injuring the plaintiff's face, the plaintiff could recover consequential damages for the loss of income resulting from the injury. These consequential damages are based on the resulting harm to the plaintiff's career. They are not based on the injury itself, which was the direct result of the defendant's conduct.

just thought you'd like to know, might as well learn something since this thread is a complete waste of your time anyway.... wait a minute, why did I waste MY time on this thread....:scared:

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2009
Looking at at tree in Oregon, USA
Status
Pre-Medical
A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anticlimax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.

Examples:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."-G Marx

"I like going to the park and watching the children run around because they don't know I'm using blanks."-E Philips

The more you know.

PreMedder

7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical

Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anticlimax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.

Examples:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."-G Marx

"I like going to the park and watching the children run around because they don't know I'm using blanks."-E Philips

The more you know.
Awesome

Ost3oclast

It's Teh Internetz Dood!
7+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2010
In between here and there
Status
Medical Student
Todays fun fact........

The inferior colliculus (IC) (Latin, lower hill) is the principal midbrain nucleus of the auditory pathway and receives input from several more peripheral brainstem nuclei in the auditory pathway, as well as inputs from the auditory cortex.

Basically it is the part of the midbrain that is responsible for involuntary muscle movements in relation to auditory stimuli......and now you know.:D

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Todays fun fact........

The inferior colliculus (IC) (Latin, lower hill) is the principal midbrain nucleus of the auditory pathway and receives input from several more peripheral brainstem nuclei in the auditory pathway, as well as inputs from the auditory cortex.

Basically it is the part of the midbrain that is responsible for involuntary muscle movements in relation to auditory stimuli......and now you know.:D
Also known as the startle reflex.