Gurantee Top Med School!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muffeoniv

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If hypothetically you could say you wrote health and nutrition articles to educate people about what a healthy lifestyle is and your articles were read by 10 million people that would be epic wouldn't it?!?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interested in learning healthy lifestyle. Please post article.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else love these stream of consciousness posts as much as I do? Please everyone, write everything that pops into your head for us to enjoy!

This thread is now about bats.

Vampire%20Bat%201.jpg

rev_batman_robin.jpg

Somebody call me?

People who wear these

the-snuggie.jpg

give me the creeps. Don't drink the punch anyone!

Bat5.jpg

Their noses look a bit like pig snouts. What's the deal with that?

Compensatory Damages

With respect to compensatory damages, a defendant is liable to a plaintiff for all the natural and direct consequences of the defendant's wrongful act. Remote consequences of a defendant's act or omission cannot form the basis for an award of compensatory damages.
Consequential damages, a type of compensatory damages, may be awarded when the loss suffered by a plaintiff is not caused directly or immediately by the wrongful conduct of a defendant, but results from the defendant's action instead. For example, if a defendant carried a ladder and negligently walked into a plaintiff who was a professional model, injuring the plaintiff's face, the plaintiff could recover consequential damages for the loss of income resulting from the injury. These consequential damages are based on the resulting harm to the plaintiff's career. They are not based on the injury itself, which was the direct result of the defendant's conduct.

just thought you'd like to know, might as well learn something since this thread is a complete waste of your time anyway.... wait a minute, why did I waste MY time on this thread....:scared:

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anticlimax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.

Examples:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."-G Marx

"I like going to the park and watching the children run around because they don't know I'm using blanks."-E Philips

The more you know.

Smegma- noun

The secretion of a sebaceous gland; specifically : The cheesy sebaceous matter that collects between the glans penis and the foreskin

The more you know

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anticlimax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.

Examples:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."-G Marx

"I like going to the park and watching the children run around because they don't know I'm using blanks."-E Philips

The more you know.

Awesome

Todays fun fact........

The inferior colliculus (IC) (Latin, lower hill) is the principal midbrain nucleus of the auditory pathway and receives input from several more peripheral brainstem nuclei in the auditory pathway, as well as inputs from the auditory cortex.

Basically it is the part of the midbrain that is responsible for involuntary muscle movements in relation to auditory stimuli......and now you know.:D

Todays fun fact........

The inferior colliculus (IC) (Latin, lower hill) is the principal midbrain nucleus of the auditory pathway and receives input from several more peripheral brainstem nuclei in the auditory pathway, as well as inputs from the auditory cortex.

Basically it is the part of the midbrain that is responsible for involuntary muscle movements in relation to auditory stimuli......and now you know.:D

Also known as the startle reflex.