Fulbright ETA vs Med School

Started by kemestray
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kemestray

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all,

I recently was awarded an ETA position for the upcoming 2025 - 2026 year through the Fulbright program, however, I also got into my dream medical school this cycle. I am at a crossroads in that I have no real reason to do the ETA as I recently went abroad for multiple months. I'm looking for some pros and cons between choosing to either stay or go for the year as I am torn between turning the opportunity down.
 
Hey y'all,

I recently was awarded an ETA position for the upcoming 2025 - 2026 year through the Fulbright program, however, I also got into my dream medical school this cycle. I am at a crossroads in that I have no real reason to do the ETA as I recently went abroad for multiple months. I'm looking for some pros and cons between choosing to either stay or go for the year as I am torn between turning the opportunity down.
You can apply for a deferral year with the ETA position as a reason . It would give you professional and personal development.

Check your schools policy.