Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Guy lived in a van to avoid borrowing student loans
Started by BMBiology
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Gen Y in a nutshell. Baby Boomers continue to not realize its all their fault.
Sacrifice needs to be made, either now or later. The longer you wait, the more you need to sacrifice. I still see students graduating with 300 k+. We all know not all of it is for tuition. Some use the money to go on vacation, buy a new car, etc. Financially stupid decisions. They will never be able to pay 300 k with 6.8-7.9% interest on a pharmacist salary, which has already been dropping for new grads.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i knew this would turn into a BMBiology rant on people borrowing for stupid **** w/ student loans
i just didn't think it would on post 3, lol
i just didn't think it would on post 3, lol
I strongly considered doing this myself before school started. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't (though the money saved would be nice).
Yes, this sounds like a very practical way for pharmacy students to save money. Especially those with spouses/children/older parents to care for.
Yes, this sounds like a very practical way for pharmacy students to save money. Especially those with spouses/children/older parents to care for.
Divorce, adoption, retirement home. See, problems solved.
Divorce, adoption, retirement home. See, problems solved.
Those things ain't cheap either!
Yes, this sounds like a very practical way for pharmacy students to save money. Especially those with spouses/children/older parents to care for.
This is a first world problem.
I actually met a floater PHARMACIST who lived in a motorhome that he drove from store to store and stayed overnight in the parking lot... He was kinda old ~65 y/o, so I don't think he was doing it because of student loans...
I actually met a floater PHARMACIST who lived in a motorhome that he drove from store to store and stayed overnight in the parking lot... He was kinda old ~65 y/o, so I don't think he was doing it because of student loans...
Sometimes I think I'll be paying off loans till I'm 65...

I admire this guy. While some people think he is odd for living in a van, I commend him to be goal-oriented and a pioneer for finding a way to not be tied down to debt for the next 10+ years. If the man has a desire for learning and has found a way to do it inexpensively without harming anyone, then who are we to judge? What about women who sets up XXX webcams while going to college so they can pay off their tuition. Yes, it is illegal now but back 100 years ago, this was normal behavior. The only thing he did that I did not like was that he wrote a book about his experience and the college barred long term parking practices for all future students.
Are you from the future? 😱What about women who sets up XXX webcams while going to college so they can pay off their tuition. Yes, it is illegal now but back 100 years ago, this was normal behavior
What about women who sets up XXX webcams while going to college so they can pay off their tuition. Yes, it is illegal now but back 100 years ago, this was normal behavior.




Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you from the future? 😱
Good thing I won't be around in a 100 years, I never thought they would make that illegal.
What about women who sets up XXX webcams while going to college so they can pay off their tuition. Yes, it is illegal now but back 100 years ago, this was normal behavior.
Webcam stripping is alive and legal... top paid women on mfc are making $20-30k/month.
Webcams a hundred years ago? You'd think there would be more talent by now.
Interesting story. As a side story, my wife slept in her piece-of-crap honda civic first part of undergrad. She was a foreign student, working under the table waitressing to pay for school. So after class, she worked until the restaurant closed, free food at work and would be after 11PM when everything got done. She drove to the school's parking lot and slept, changed and washed up in the gym in the morning and went to class. After a while, she was allowed to sleep at the restaurant. What an upgrade! That's the immigrant spirit and something that endeared us to each other.
Ok, I made a mistake about back to the future. But I'm sure you guys know what I am talking about. This article is only a stepping stone to a much bigger picture.
There are much more important topics of conversations regarding student loan payments such as ways to prepare students to be more financially literate, opening up more options for students to pay back their loans, ways to make college more affordable, holding long-term global conferences attended by the best economists, bank leaders, college presidents, student presidents, the public, etc to discuss ways to deflate the tuition bubble.
Unfortunately the media manipulates us into thinking we do not have a college tuition bubble and denies the public for opportunities of public discussions by making this hard working man a laughing stock of a joke.
There are much more important topics of conversations regarding student loan payments such as ways to prepare students to be more financially literate, opening up more options for students to pay back their loans, ways to make college more affordable, holding long-term global conferences attended by the best economists, bank leaders, college presidents, student presidents, the public, etc to discuss ways to deflate the tuition bubble.
Unfortunately the media manipulates us into thinking we do not have a college tuition bubble and denies the public for opportunities of public discussions by making this hard working man a laughing stock of a joke.
Nice story
Good man. I thought of doing the same when I was younger
Notice he claims he didn't even know what interest was. We have master bankers manipulating fellows like him and his parents. Scale up x1000000 for the whole middle class
Good man. I thought of doing the same when I was younger
Notice he claims he didn't even know what interest was. We have master bankers manipulating fellows like him and his parents. Scale up x1000000 for the whole middle class
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 558
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K