Guyton and Hall Physiology Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thrombin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that the best preparation for questions on step 1 is through the q-banks but how about those up and down arrow questions in physiology--do you think the red guyton and hall review book would be good from practice mcq's say if your exam is still months away. The book has a quite a lot of those up and down arrow questions any thoughts if that is good

Should I go with the red book or Pre-test physiology.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that the best preparation for questions on step 1 is through the q-banks but how about those up and down arrow questions in physiology--do you think the red guyton and hall review book would be good from practice mcq's say if your exam is still months away. The book has a quite a lot of those up and down arrow questions any thoughts if that is good

Should I go with the red book or Pre-test physiology.

It probably couldn't hurt if you had the time, although i think Goljan covers all of those concepts in his text. If you went through the various Goljan chapters - Endocrine, Renal, etc. - where you're likely to see such questions, for the most part they are all covered.