GW Pharmaceuticals gets US approval for CBD oil product Epidiolex.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't speak for all insurances, but I know the one I'm working for under Caremark is putting this onto the Prior Authorization list to prevent them from using for off-label and having the insurance pay for it.
 
I'm ignorant on the subject since my school didn't really cover any form of medical marijuana. Would this trigger a positive result for a marijuana drug test? Or are those tests specific enough to look for specific metabolites of THC vs CBD?

I'm wondering if people taking this with a legitimate prescription would still be risking their jobs due to false positives. I believe most medical marijuana states provide no protection for patients using cannabis, but surely this would be treated differently.
 
I'm ignorant on the subject since my school didn't really cover any form of medical marijuana. Would this trigger a positive result for a marijuana drug test? Or are those tests specific enough to look for specific metabolites of THC vs CBD?

I'm wondering if people taking this with a legitimate prescription would still be risking their jobs due to false positives. I believe most medical marijuana states provide no protection for patients using cannabis, but surely this would be treated differently.

I guess it depends on how they produce it.
 
I'm ignorant on the subject since my school didn't really cover any form of medical marijuana. Would this trigger a positive result for a marijuana drug test? Or are those tests specific enough to look for specific metabolites of THC vs CBD?

I'm wondering if people taking this with a legitimate prescription would still be risking their jobs due to false positives. I believe most medical marijuana states provide no protection for patients using cannabis, but surely this would be treated differently.

If the CBD oil is hemp derived it is unlikely to result in a positive test. Hemp by regulation contains less than 0.3%THC. You would have to consume roughly 1000 to 2000mg/day of CBD oil to test positive. If someone would test positive because of all the cannabinoids then they would take it to the next step of GC/MS to differentiate the other cannabinoids from THC.