GW secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcham

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the GW secondary question about what motivated me to apply to their school should I talk about why I want to apply to the school or why I want to do medicine? Does anyone have any good stuff to say about GW that would help?

Members don't see this ad.

dcham said:
For the GW secondary question about what motivated me to apply to their school should I talk about why I want to apply to the school or why I want to do medicine? Does anyone have any good stuff to say about GW that would help?

i ran into this problem too. i think you should try your best to cover both bases but focus on why gwu question with the 8 lines given.

focus on the school...make it pretty personal..esp. since there's only 8 lines and you got your personal statement to cover y you wanna do med. in general....they got some pretty cool programs going..check out their website and pick out something that stands out to you and talk about it.

Good luck =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I remember filling this question out and going "oh crap... I have no specific reason why I chose GW"... BUT... the truth was that I wanted to study in an urban environment, with large university resources, PBL opportunity and a diverse student body... GW seemed like a perfect fit. Seems like BS, but it was true so thats what I put. I have a feeling they don't put a great emphasis on it and the meat of the application is AMCAS... Good luck.

anyone mind commenting on my GW response?

Broadly speaking, my interest in GW is rooted in the school's mission to set new standards of excellence in academics, research, and compassionate care. My experiences in the hospital this past year have shown me how crucial it is to be more than just a competent physician. We need compassionate doctors who will be pioneers, leading the way through the frontiers of medicine in the 21st century. Aside from its mission and values, I am drawn to the structure of the GW curriculum. I believe the POM portion of the curriculum will be extremely valuable in that it allows first year students to gain first-hand clinical experience years before other schools allow. I also value the small group learning situations and the international programs of study that GW offers it students. In short, the values and principles in which I strongly believe, while offering the best opportunities to become a leader in medicine.

Stewie87 said:

Broadly speaking, my interest in GW is rooted in the school's mission to set new standards of excellence in academics, research, and compassionate care. My experiences in the hospital this past year have shown me how crucial it is to be more than just a competent physician. We need compassionate doctors who will be pioneers, leading the way through the frontiers of medicine in the 21st century. Aside from its mission and values, I am drawn to the structure of the GW curriculum. I believe the POM portion of the curriculum will be extremely valuable in that it allows first year students to gain first-hand clinical experience years before other schools allow. I also value the small group learning situations and the international programs of study that GW offers it students. In short, the values and principles in which I strongly believe, while offering the best opportunities to become a leader in medicine.

I think this is great!! Good luck to you!! :luck:

Stewie87 said:

I think your ideas are good. Your last sentence is a fragment, and it should be "offers its students" note the "s" after "it"... good luck!