GW Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunny66

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may be going to GW and am interested to hear what you guys think of your school. What do you like and dislike (other than tuition)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just completed my first year and I have found the experience to be a good one. Yes, there are areas for improvement within the program, but I can guarantee that no school is perfect. I believe the school prides itself on producing highly proficient clinicians. We are paired with a family practicioner, general internist, or pediatrician throughout the first two years of school. There are also numerous shadowing opportunities during that time.

In addition to clinical opportunities, there are numerous research opportunities. Our location in D.C. gives us access to local, national, and international organizations.

I think each class has their own dynamic. Our class is extremely cooperative and shares information. We are focuses on giving back to the community through volunteering both domestically and internationally.

The school also provides a note-taking service and the majority of professors distribute content handouts that contain the most pertinent information. It makes the studying process much more manageable and productive.

I hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your decision.