Gw / Umd

Started by PsyD4me
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsyD4me

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts/ pro's/ con's on George Washington vs. U of Maryland? Which is better?
 
I'm a current UMCP student, looking to do an individualized undergrad program in health. I cannot give too much info as of now, but:

1. UMCP has tuition remission if you can beome employeed there. Very nice, especially if you're short on cash. Plus can gain valuable experience.

2. Dr. Sawyer. 👍 LOVE HIM! Absolutely amazing man, funny, entertaining... all around someone you'd like to spend time around/have no problem having to go to him. Very open and friendly.

3. The attitudes. I have been in HHP and dealt with their faculty/admin frequently, and they are some of the nicest people I have ever come across at the campus. 🙂

4. Bus system is wonderful and free to students. With gas at $2/gallon, it's nice to not have to drive.

5. I've met several grad students as TAs, and they're happy at UM.

6. Chipotle right on Knox Rd. YUMMMMMMM 😍

Drawbacks:

1. Parking is horrible... although if you're in HHP their is a huge lot nearby. Just the rest of the campus is horrible beyond words.

2. Housing. Sometimes it's hard to secure housing at a reasonable price in CP. There are University Courtyards

3. Route 1/construction on campus. I, among with many other students, have gotten flat tires due to the nails lying around from construction people who cannot clean up after themselves. I got a bobble in a NEW tire by driving in CP for about 2 months--if you do, stay OUT of the right lane. :scared:

-Liz