Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GW waitlist information needed

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by naya, Mar 26, 2002.

1. naya

naya Member
    7+ Year Member

I received another wait list letter...this time from GW. Does anyone have information on the percentage of waitlisted applicants who receive an acceptance from GW?

2. SeeGulz

SeeGulz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There was a thread about this last summer, I think, that referred to the waitlist from a previous year. I believe the percentages quoted were in the 50-60% range (coming off the waitlist). It also mentioned the waitlist consisting of only about 30 applicants ... but I don't know how good that info is. In general, it can be said that the GW waitlist does see good movement. I am on the waitlist too, and if I come across some reliable information, I will post it. Good Luck!

3. kismat

kismat Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello GW waitlisters:

I was waitlisted last year but didn't get in :(
    My mcat scores were on the lower end, which is why that happened I think. My advice to you is:
    SHOW INTEREST!!! GW loves that and they'll take into account all the "supplemental info" you send them. It wouldn't hurt to write them a strong letter of intent either. Hope this helps :)

4. KidDoc

KidDoc Junior Member

A big hello to all of you helpful SDNers...

Does anyone have any idea how often the GW Adcom meets to decide our fates? I too am on the "alternate" list as they so nicely termed it...Or any other helpful nugget of information that could bring a glimmer of hope during this waiting game...

Thanks!

5. SeeGulz

SeeGulz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I only applied to GW, so a letter of interest should seem unnecessary ... but of course I will send one anyway. I can't decide if it is best to send it before or after May 15th. Any thoughts?

6. squeek

squeek Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

When I applied to GW three years ago, I was told that if you are waitlisted, it's often because they want to know if you'll really go there (I was from a long ways away, and a lot of East coast schools were dubious about my intent to move so far from home.) My advice is to write them a very convincing letter of intent--BEFORE May 15th. Wouldn't you rather get in earlier than later? :) Once May 15th passes, if you're still not in, I'd send them another letter.

7. SeeGulz

SeeGulz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the advice Squeek, I will send a letter off in the next week.