GW waitlist information needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received another wait list letter...this time from GW. Does anyone have information on the percentage of waitlisted applicants who receive an acceptance from GW?

Members don't see this ad.

There was a thread about this last summer, I think, that referred to the waitlist from a previous year. I believe the percentages quoted were in the 50-60% range (coming off the waitlist). It also mentioned the waitlist consisting of only about 30 applicants ... but I don't know how good that info is. In general, it can be said that the GW waitlist does see good movement. I am on the waitlist too, and if I come across some reliable information, I will post it. Good Luck!

Hello GW waitlisters:

I was waitlisted last year but didn't get in :(
My mcat scores were on the lower end, which is why that happened I think. My advice to you is:
SHOW INTEREST!!! GW loves that and they'll take into account all the "supplemental info" you send them. It wouldn't hurt to write them a strong letter of intent either. Hope this helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
A big hello to all of you helpful SDNers...

Does anyone have any idea how often the GW Adcom meets to decide our fates? I too am on the "alternate" list as they so nicely termed it...Or any other helpful nugget of information that could bring a glimmer of hope during this waiting game...

Thanks!

I only applied to GW, so a letter of interest should seem unnecessary ... but of course I will send one anyway. I can't decide if it is best to send it before or after May 15th. Any thoughts?

When I applied to GW three years ago, I was told that if you are waitlisted, it's often because they want to know if you'll really go there (I was from a long ways away, and a lot of East coast schools were dubious about my intent to move so far from home.) My advice is to write them a very convincing letter of intent--BEFORE May 15th. Wouldn't you rather get in earlier than later? :) Once May 15th passes, if you're still not in, I'd send them another letter.

Thanks for the advice Squeek, I will send a letter off in the next week.