You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Waitlist Manifestations
Started by PrettyMDD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
crobindallas
Full Member
Undoubtedly. By end of week.Reviving this from previous years threads
"I have decided that I will be receiving an email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you."
Post the statement above in order to manifest ✨
Yes pleaseeeReviving this from previous years threads
"I have decided that I will be receiving an email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you."
Post the statement above in order to manifest [emoji92]
I have decided that I will be receiving an email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you. [emoji3590][emoji3478][emoji92]️[emoji3441]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Toledo starts late July. Orientation is July 24th-25th and classes start July 29th!Is this Toledo by any chance??
jejeje2379
Full Member
Thank you for the info!! 🙂Toledo starts late July. Orientation is July 24th-25th and classes start July 29th!
hopefulstudentdoc2024
Full Member
✨ I have decided that I will be receiving an email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you. ✨
Got an acceptance to my IS MD school earlier this week 🎉🥳🥳!!
Keep manifesting yall, it's not over until it's over
Keep manifesting yall, it's not over until it's over
crobindallas
Full Member
🎊 Congratulations!! Mind saying which school?Got an acceptance to my IS MD school earlier this week 🎉🥳🥳!!
Keep manifesting yall, it's not over until it's over
jejeje2379
Full Member
Congrats! Did you communicate with the admissions office while on the waitlist? I emailed them in May and was told movement would be mid June to mid July.. but I have a deadline for a Master's program coming up and was thinking about letting them know..Got an acceptance to my IS MD school earlier this week 🎉🥳🥳!!
Keep manifesting yall, it's not over until it's over
Question open to anybody who can give me some advice 🙂
Hey! So I sent an update letter shortly after I interviewed back in fall 2023.Congrats! Did you communicate with the admissions office while on the waitlist? I emailed them in May and was told movement would be mid June to mid July.. but I have a deadline for a Master's program coming up and was thinking about letting them know..
Question open to anybody who can give me some advice 🙂
I sent letter of intent around April. In June, I called the MD admissions office, and the person pulled up my file. I asked them if it was worth sending in a 2nd update letter with minor updates. They encouraged me to send a 2nd update letter and in the end of the letter I should mention that I'll accept the offer if I was granted an acceptance. 2 days after sending the update letter, I got the acceptance.
Feel free to DM if anyone has specific questions.
Got into my waitlisted school on Friday! It worked yall! Stay hopeful!
Assuming you already sent a letter of intent, I would send an update later now if you haven’t recently. Update about any clinical/volunteer/research you’re doing and say that the school is still your first choice/that you will definitely go if accepted. If you do this via portal, I’d consider posting on portal and then emailing to let them know that you did that. Tbh I’m not sure they’d care that you have a masters deadline coming up, there will always be another person on the WL for them to take and other ppl may be in the same situation with moving for other MD/DO programs while still waiting for this school if it’s their first choice. Moreso I’d emphasize how much you wanna go there, not bc you have a deadline to meetCongrats! Did you communicate with the admissions office while on the waitlist? I emailed them in May and was told movement would be mid June to mid July.. but I have a deadline for a Master's program coming up and was thinking about letting them know..
Question open to anybody who can give me some advice 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jejeje2379
Full Member
Assuming you already sent a letter of intent, I would send an update later now if you haven’t recently. Update about any clinical/volunteer/research you’re doing and say that the school is still your first choice/that you will definitely go if accepted. If you do this via portal, I’d consider posting on portal and then emailing to let them know that you did that. Tbh I’m not sure they’d care that you have a masters deadline coming up, there will always be another person on the WL for them to take and other ppl may be in the same situation with moving for other MD/DO programs while still waiting for this school if it’s their first choice. Moreso I’d emphasize how much you wanna go there, not bc you have a deadline to meet
Thanks for the input guys! The school doesn't accept any more updates, but I did previously send update letter and letter of intent.. guess I just have to be patient! Manifesting I will get an acceptance by the end of this week!Hey! So I sent an update letter shortly after I interviewed back in fall 2023.
I sent letter of intent around April. In June, I called the MD admissions office, and the person pulled up my file. I asked them if it was worth sending in a 2nd update letter with minor updates. They encouraged me to send a 2nd update letter and in the end of the letter I should mention that I'll accept the offer if I was granted an acceptance. 2 days after sending the update letter, I got the acceptance.
Feel free to DM if anyone has specific questions.
jejeje2379
Full Member
I personally haven't but I've seen cases on SDN so it is possible!Does anyone know someone who has gotten into med school after the CTE deadline?
Can you call the school and get an idea when you can find out? When I called my school, they were very understanding and even pulled up on file to assist.I personally haven't but I've seen cases on SDN so it is possible!
The school I got pulled off of the WL for sent my acceptance the day AFTER CTE. I was given an additional week for a decision. I was able to CTE on the AAMC websiteDoes anyone know someone who has gotten into med school after the CTE deadline?
jejeje2379
Full Member
I already emailed them and they said within the next two weeks (which doesn't help cuz that's when school starts lol). I should've called..Can you call the school and get an idea when you can find out? When I called my school, they were very understanding and even pulled up on file to assist.
no way congrats! that's gotta feel incredible lolit worked i got an A this morning!!!
crobindallas
Full Member
Congratulations!it worked i got an A this morning!!!
sirwhistledown
Full Member
it worked i got an A this morning!!!
Congratulations [emoji322][emoji1487][emoji1487]
Orientation at my WL starts tomorrow. Looks like this will not be my year 😔. Had high hopes... gotta keep trying.
I was in your position last year. Didn't get off the WL, took some time off and reapplied. I got into med school this cycle ( both MD and DO). Keep your head up and remember why you're doing this! Sending good vibes your way 🙂Orientation at my WL starts tomorrow. Looks like this will not be my year 😔. Had high hopes... gotta keep trying.
Plot twist. Got the call late last night. Had orientation this morning. Praying for everyone still in WL limbo.
That is fn nuts dude. Congrats!Plot twist. Got the call late last night. Had orientation this morning. Praying for everyone still in WL limbo.
sirwhistledown
Full Member
Plot twist. Got the call late last night. Had orientation this morning. Praying for everyone still in WL limbo.
Congratulations!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1037101
this is my 2nd cycle applying, praying for an A at my top (and only) WL within the next week!!
hoping those of us also still in WL purgatory hear back soon 🙏
hoping those of us also still in WL purgatory hear back soon 🙏
Similar threads
- Replies
- 703
- Views
- 139K