GW waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3000 IS DUE TODAY AT GW, SO WE SHOULD SEE SOME MOVEMENT NEXT WEEK AND INTO EARLY JULY ON THE WAIT LIST.TIME TO CHOOSE. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can any of you divulge what scores you had to be put on the waitlist at GW. I am applying with a 9v 8p 10B and Q , I took the MCAT last August and got a 10p but had to bring up my dismal verbal so I am hoping schools will take the previous 10 into consideration. Oh and my post-bacc science is 4.0 and undergrad non-science 3.6.

Thanx for any info and good luck!

ASUMI, Do not assume. SCORES are not everything. PEOPLE on the ALTERNATE list have varying scores from 26 to 32 but that is not why we are on the list.It may be timing of the app, when we interviewed, mcats, interview, or recs etc. GW scores everything essay and especially the interview. Remember there are 9500 rejections from GW sitting out there. Congarts on your scores!! But #'s do not guaruntte you a slot. What have you done for research, community service, and clinical
? I have a MS, BS, and BA and i have 5 years of reaserach and 10 of clinical and community service. Also I got 5 acceptances and GW is ny first choice. JUST BECUASE WE ARE ON ONE WAIT LIST DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE DAMAGED GOODS. I sure hope you interview well. BEcause you come off as arrogant in your writing. Each schools admissions is different. Sounds like you should go to GTown. Good LUCK!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Asumi, I looked at some of your other post. What is your actual verbal? Gws avg is 9-v 10 b and 10-P. THOSE ARE AVGS. If you have a 9 you are in great shape. Lower than an 8 and you probaly will not get an interview. GW does mix and match MCATs. Be honest in your post and you will get more information.I got a 6on verbal and then on two re tries a 10 and a 9. YOu can move your scores. Persistence pays off. Good Luck!

Matopet1,

Dude, I don't know how you even in the slightest interpreted my question as arrogant, it was just a question man. Please be specific as to what led you to think that, because I am in no way arrogant. I'm a non-trad and have had to work my ass off to even be at a competitive level. You should take a look at some of the other posts on this board of people who write about getting 35+ and asking if that's competitive. Now that's arrogant! And yes I would love to go to Georgetown (I'm not sure what you meant - is that where all the snobs hang out? - I might be a little out of place parking my 50cc Honda elite which is duct taped together next to some dude's BMW, but I will go where-ever I get in man.

I have a 34R and I got alternate listed by GW at first. Numbers clearly do not mean anything folks!

Asumi! Sorry. My bad I assumed you were a young pre -med. What is your state of residence? I am a non tradional with a family. Do you want to go into primary care? GW is more community focused than GTown. Gw GTown its a DC thing. I think you apply to alot of schools both MD and DO. Write a great essay anmd get some great recs. I aggree with space cadet.I think your #'s are fine. Good Luck!!

Matopet1,

It's all good bro, hope everything works out. BTW, since we are both in the non-trad boat, do you know which allopathic schools tend to be non-trad friendly. I am 30 but I still feel a virile 18!!

I would check out Rush, LOyola, GW, Vermont, Hannerman, NYMC, and the texas schools to name a few. Osteopath schools love older students and people tend to have done other things. Check out CCOM,AZcom, Pcom, UHS, and Pomona. The others are great but may be hard to get in out of state. Good Luck!!1

To those GW alumni ... do any of you know how I can contact a GW pre-medical advisor? Although I am listed as from DC, I am actually in Florida right now, but I hope to return to DC soon. I looked for an email on the web site to no avail. Also, I graduated from GW in '97, do you think he or she would agree to serve as my advisor even though I am no longer taking classes there?
TIA

SeeGulz,
Interesting name,have you ever read "Jonathon Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach? Excellent book! ANyway, the answer to your question: Yes, GW does have a pre-med advisor, her name is Megan Rigney and her e-mail is [email protected], I think. Personally, I think she is pompous and irritating...but hey, you might have a good experience with her! Good luck. Call 202-994-1000,ask for Columbian School of Arts and Sciences and then ask to talk to her. :)

Kismat, thanks for the info! And yes, I have read the book and it is a large part of the origin of my screen name.

anyone still waiting on GW?

still waiting...I called today and they said there is movement going on currently.